Monday, September 13, 2010

Looking back at the 70's

I recently sent my own wedding dress (circa 1976) to have it preserved.  When it was returned I started thinking how different the style was from today's dresses.  It has a high neck and long sleeves.  Was that just me?  So some research found this site among others: http://buyvintageweddingdress.com/1960-1970   It appears that I was actually in fashion!  High necklines and long sleeves were not just the modest fashion that I prefered, but the going trend at the time. 

We have been representing the Wedding Gown Preservation Company since January of this year.  I was pleased to see the care they took to put tissue in the sleeves and have my veil showing at the top. (All standard procedure for WGPC).  If you look up in the top right-hand corner, you can also see acid-free tissue paper there, enfolding other parts of the dress that are tucked underneath.  If I had chose a Celebrity upgrade, muslin would have been used in place of the tissue.
I was also amazed that my dress was preserved and returned so quickly.  (4 weeks from the time it left here until it was returned to me.)  The company tells you up front that it could take up to 10 weeks during the height of wedding season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment